This bag making course allows the learner the opportunity to explore the craft of bag making , it gives time to practice the new skill and the learner also gains further knowledge of working with different types of fabric, fusing, interlings, sewing techniques and the process involved in creating a well constructed Bag.
The Bag Making program is delivered in a highly participative and practical manner. A range of learning methods and approaches will be used to promote the practical application of theoretical concepts covered. The Bag Making course content is predetermined and must be followed closely. There is practice sessions for the learner with feedback provided each step of the way. Handouts will be provided to assist the learning.
Internal certification sheets will be issued on successful completion of the course. This program is not linked to any formal certification process.
You can purchase all patterns for each project, which include the making instructions for each bag as well as the pattern. Patterns must be ordered before the end of the course as it takes time for us to get them ready for you.
Candidates who successfully complete this Bag Making course will be able to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills in Bag Sewing Techniques
- Plan, prepare and manage the making of fabric based fashion bags to a design brief.
- Develop the knowledge necessary to read a pattern and identify the pattern pieces
- Use work tools carefully, efficiently and safely
- Operate and use the machinery competently and observe health and safety practices at all times during each process.